Thursday 27 December 2012

Lil Miss Moisturised: Garnier Ultimate Beauty Oil review

Since I was a child, my mother has always taught me the importance of moisturising your body. I've been moisturising my skin religiously since I was a child, and now my skin is super soft and I don't have many stretch marks or cellulite. I used to suffer from dry skin, but since improving my diet (eating flaxseeds daily) - my skin is currently 'normal'. 

A few weeks ago, I ran out of body cream, and popped over to Boots to buy a new one. As it's Winter, it's even more important to moisturise!

I found the Garnier Body Ultimate Beauty Oil on offer at Boots for £5.33 as opposed to £7.99. The only oil I've used on my body is Johnson's Baby oil (and that was years ago), so I was excited to dry this out.


What drew me to this product is that it contains: Argan, Macadamia, Almond and Rose. It also doesn't contain any parabens (most body moisturisers have parabens in them, and studies have shown that they can increase the risk of cancer!) 

The smell of the product is divine. It smells quite sweet (must be from the Rose) and also quite relaxing at the same time. 

The product applies like a dream! It's non greasy and weightless. It doesn't transfer onto clothes and lasts a long time (I pretty much run of out body cream in a few weeks, but with this product, I've still got half left).

To apply this product, I simply spritz it on my hand and then apply it all over my body. I find that easier than spritzing it straight onto my body.

The packaging is great for travelling - sometimes body creams are quite bulky but this product slots in my makeup bag quite easily :)

I love this product, and I would definitely buy it again! £7.99 is very reasonable. It does feel like a luxury product and it doesn't contain many nasty chemicals! 

You can purchase it from Boots or Superdrug's.

What's your favourite body moisturiser?

10 comments:

  1. Sounds absolutely fab! I think I'll try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to add that as a guy and having used moisturiser daily for as long as I can remember (my mum used to moisturise my face as a child!), my skin is pretty much always in good shape and i don't really get anything like razor burn or break out in spots.

    As a tip, if you suffer from dry skin or find your skin feels a little tight during the day, moisturise immediately after showering. Within a couple of days you will notice a huge difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - great tip :)

      You have perfect skin! xx

      Delete
  3. Running out to the shop to find this - I want! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year!! May all your wishes and dreams come true this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this recently at Superdrug for £5.49; can I just say I LOVE the smell and texture. It just makes my skin glow =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh ive really wanted to try this seen it around boots and superdrugs. I currently use a garnier hydrating one its really good for dry skin x

    Shana x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)