Monday 1 November 2010

Lil Miss Sweet: Aquolina Pink Sugar Perfume Review :$

Hello my pretties!

Hope you are all having a lovely Monday. I get Monday mornings off woo!

Anyway, onto the perfume review.

I first heard about this year upon watching Blair, from Juicystar07 on Youtube. She mentioned that her favourite perfume was Pink Sugar. I avidly 'Googled' it and immediately wanted to buy it because of its' sweet aroma.

NOTES: Bergamot, Sicilian Orange, Raspberry, fig leaves, lily of the valley, licorice, strawberry, red fruit, cotton candy, vanilla, caramel, musk, wood and powder.  

I love sweet smelling perfumes. I used to love Britney Spear's Fantasy perfume but I much prefer this.

For me it smells like cotton candy, caramel and vanilla with a hint of citrus, which makes the perfume much more enticing. Britney Spears' Fantasy on the other hand is more fruity and I became bored of it quickly because it actually made me feel sick! If you've ever tried Starbucks Caramel Hot Chocolate - this smell is very similar and will make you want to crave it too!

I literally fell in love with this perfume when I first tried it and I've bought my second bottle already. I've had lots of compliments about this perfume - from people of all ages and even guys!! People actually go crazy for this scent, this girl kept saying ' there's something in this room that smells so sweet.. it smells like cakes'. 

This perfume is not widely known in the UK so it's great for originality if you live in the UK

 Summary:
Price: £27.90 for 100ml which is pretty good! I bought it from Cheapsmells.com
Longevity: I bought this perfume over a year ago and have been spritzing it every other day therfore I have a teeny bit left. I did have 50ml and now I've bought the 100ml version. I have never finished a perfume in my life, so you can tell I LOVE this. I like the fact that this scent is very versatile - you can wear it in any season. i prefer 'FRESH' scents in summer, but the hint of citrus allows me to wear it then. The perfumes lasts a good six hours - to further intensify it use vaseline or the pink sugar mousse ( I don't have this but it should work).
Smell: I LOVE sweet caramel, vanilla scents. In my opinion, if you like Fantasy by Britney Spears, you will LOVE this :)
Packaging: It comes in a candy cane patterned circular box which i use to store my pennies in. The actual bottle itself is nice - not too tacky - but the ink on the bottle has worn off (naturally).
Tips: I read that you should put it on your hair to make it last longer. I like to use it every other day to prevent my nose from getting used to the scent. i LOVE smelling it on myself :)
Repurchase? Definitely. I already have lol my sister loves it too and my mum hates it (she prefers flowery scents).
There is also a more 'adult' version out called Pink Sugar Sensual. To be honest i'M very happy with the original one :)
I personally believe the perfume is targetted at teens but I'm not a teen and i love it. I've had compliments from older ladies too if that makes a difference lol. 

This perfume is like Britney Spears' fantasy - a hit or a miss for some.

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this review.

                       What's your favourite perfume?

                                      NOTE -  i am not affiliated with Aquolina or Cheapsmells.com :)

                       love from roshas x

5 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about getting this for a while now, thanks for this great review! It's so inexpensive, now I really want to give it a try!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will love it.. trust me =D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love sweet scents too!
    I'm gonna give this a try and let you know what I think xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've used this perfume before, and it's my FAVE!! I loooove it!!

    яσѕαℓуи
    LynSire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo this looks like a really nice perfume! might try it when im running low. This is a really good review xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)