Sunday 11 July 2010

Lil Miss Healthy: My Weight Loss Story

Be warned - this is going to be a long post about weight loss, it's going to have lots of photos, a bit of self hate and some people might get offended by some snippets but I haven't intended to offend anyone!

Anyway, this time last year I considered myself overweight - I was not clinically overweight, but for my build I definitely was. I could barely fit into my jeans (I even stopped buttoning them up and wore long tops to hide the holes LOL) and my overall health was crappy - I was always moody and tired because of overeating and lack of moving.

I decided that I needed to do something after my cousin kept poking my stomach and asked if I was pregnant, LOL! I decided to weigh myself and was shocked that I had put on 5kg without even realising it.

Ok here are the stats:

Last Summer (July)
My height: 5''4
Weight: 62kg or 9 stone 7 (again, I don't want to upset anyone who weighs similar to me - it all depends on your body type and build)
Size: 12-14



Look at my bulging tummy lol!! I obviously untagged myself from these photos on facebook lol.

Moving forward, around November time, I decided that I need to sort myself out. I was embarassed to wear anything tight fitting and always felt insecure.

I embarked on the 'Paul Mckenna' Lifestyle.
You can check out his products here. For £5.50 - this really could change your life. There's even an iphone app - but I strongly recommend you read the book first though.

Paul Mckenna is a hypnotist and has his own weight loss system. I heard about him through Amazon, it was on the recommended for you page (thanks Amazon LOL!).

I bought his book ' I Can Make You Thin' and after finishing it in an hour, my whole life changed.
Pauls System is nothing to do with diets, nothing to do with eating healthily.. it's to do with HOW you eat, not WHAT you eat.

The book basically shows you how naturally slim people work. Remember, anyone and everyone has the ability to be naturally slim. It all depends on the programming of your mind.

There are four simple rules that you have to follow:
1) When you are hungry eat - don't starve, your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat.
2) Eat what you want, not what you think you should - have you noticed how your naturally slim friends eat what they want.. if you forbid yourself from something.. you will want it MORE!!
3) Eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful - I used to chow down my dinner in 5 minutes - now I enjoy it and I end up eating less :)
4) When you think you are full, stop eating -I used to eat until I finished everything on the plate, even if I was full to the point of nausea (eww!).

Ok so you might think.. ermm that's common sense. Yeah it is - but you'll be surprised at the number of people who eat unconciously, or eat when they're bored. I wish someone told me these simple rules before. I used to eat when I was bored or sad, and no matter what I ate, my hunger was never satisfied.

The book comes with a CD and the CD is also amazing. He hypnotises you and when you wake up you feel awakened and your mind subconciously follows the rules.

This is what I've been doing since last November, and I've been losing about 2kg a month. It's not super quick weight loss, but a good amount that will ensure that you are not losing too much weight. Remember - diets do not work. Paul empathises this so many times. With diets, your metabolism decreases and you end up putting the weight back on anyway.

I also started working out. I'm going to elaborate more on Paul's System and on my exercise regime - but just to tell you, I walk more now, exercise 3 times a week and use a powerplate.

After:

Current weight: 53kg - 8.35 stones.
Weight Loss to date: 9kg or 1.42 stones.
Current size: Ranging from 6 in some shops to a 10 in others.

Here are some before/after pictures:


I'm wearing the same outfit - hopefully you guys can see the difference.

Some after photos:



I am going to be doing follow up posts regarding: Paul Mckenna, Exercise and some weight loss tips.

I haven't yet reached my ideal weight yet, but the path to this current weight hasn't been that hard. I still eat my fave foods, I eat more often now, my metabolism seems to have increased, and my skin and mood has improved a lot 'cos of the exercise. It's also a great feeling when people comment on how much you've lost.. it motivates me to maintain my current attitude to food.

Note: I am not affiliated with Paul Mckenna - I just strongly believe in his work! I've passed my book on to many friends and they too have lost weight. On some people this plan did not work because the results were slower compared to a diet and they gave up - but if you want something bad - you wouldn't give up!

Hope y'all enjoyed reading this overly long post!

Has anyone tried Paul Mckenna yet?
How do you keep healthy?

Love from Roshas xx

31 comments:

  1. Well done you look amazing!
    I was in a similar position to you and felt I was in an unhealthy position for my height, age and build etc. I lost 30lbs but did it with weight watchers and feel soooo much healthier for it!
    It's good to see other girls who have been through the same!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that's amazing!! you have the most gorgeous body ever :) you should be proud! please do a weight loss post? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an interesting post on losing weight... i'm so glad you're not endorsing dieting because in my opinion no one should be denied life's biggest pleasure - food! Well done girl... keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh :O she's got a lot of stamina... my motto is life's too short for diets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wowww ur so pretty hun in some of ur pictures u look just like kourtney kardashian and she is beyoot :D just subscribed to ur blog :D xoxox charlie ..... www.tuttibeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look fantastic!

    I'll probably look into that book. I'm currently trying out the 30 day shred. I'm not overweight, just want to tone up a little. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey hunni, I will do. Another girl mentioned me doing one last week so I will definitely get a weight loss post done soon. It's good to share tips and how to stay motivated isn't it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you look amazing... well done you!
    Its weird because his rules with eating are what i have done since i was 14, i know that sounds seriously young to worry about your weight but i was 4"9 in size 10 womens clothes! I am now a healthy size 4 or 6... i tell my bf to eat like i do and he just doesn't believe that it works. But i think i will order him this book and cd to help him on his weight loss journey.. thank you for this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey rosh!! firstly sorryyy for the laateee reply and THANK YOUUUU for your blog award and sweeet comments... i haven't logged onto my blog for SO long..i literally only finished exams (25th june) and was away on holiday straight after..bla bla bla... but thanks soo much for it!!

    secondly... o m g.. u look AMAZINGGG... i relate to u so so so soooo much... i always eat out of boredom and at uni these last two semesters my eating has literally gone out of control and i feel tired alll the time and lazy and lethargic and now im getting all these problems with being active so im sorting my life out as of now and i just watched lolipop26s video on diets and now ur blogpost and im ready to go lol!
    im thinking im gnna buy this book then??please do a post on exercisingg ur before and after look amazingg... im the same height as you andd i weigh 63kgs haha so literally am in the same position u were in before this exercise thing etc...
    look forward to reading ur exercise/weight loss stories!!! and GOODLUCK and carry on!!! xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you look stunning hun! Your post is so inspirational :) such helpfull tips too! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look really good! :)
    i just bought the book and cd from Ebay for £2.00!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds so interesting. I must read this book. Almost finished reading The Abs Diet...

    So I saw your Blog. I wanted to invite you to follow my blog. Where I developed the idea for "Featured Followers by Elle © " This is how I promote all my followers. Check out my blog @ www.edkdolce.blogspot.com to find out more!
    *Elle

    ReplyDelete
  15. @tuttibeauty aww thank u sweetie for such a lovely compliment:) xx

    @DesignerSpray - thank u ;) it's definitely worth it .. good luck with everyone.. i'm sure you look awesome either way

    @~♥Giddy Princess♥~* you have the figure i want to get.. it would be great if you did a post :)

    @EmmaDee aww you're welcome (regarding the compliments hehe) there is no wayy u r 63kg..you look like 53 loool! but yeah just blame uni :P remember you can lose it =D i will be doing a post on exercising very soon.. but i mainly used a treadmill.. and the 30 day shred!!

    @DSK steph - thank u ;)

    @Get Gawjus - aww thank u :) i'm glad u found them helpful :) (not that u need them lol)

    @harpreet - amazing deal.. tell me how it goes :) and thanks ;)

    edk.dolce - it's a must read :) aww thanks i willl be checking ur blog out :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved reading your weight loss story, it's very inspirational! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Roshas,

    I am so glad I found your blog!! I loved to read your story - you look amazing before and after the program, hon!!
    How often do you listen to the CD? Is it essential to read the book or is it ok to stick to the rules given on the CD only?
    Thank you, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. @Sam.. hey! when i first started.. i used to listen to the cd every day.. i know its a lot.. but i was desperate to lose weight.. i listened to it at night too... and when i woke up the next morning.. i would behave differently! weird! now i only listen to it once a week... i use the rules all the times.. but when my motivation is running low i listen to it.. i personally think that it is essential to read the book.. it gives u an insight on the four rules... the CD programmes them onto ur mind xx tell me how it goes xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. @parisa.. thank you.. im so happy that it inspired you xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks hon, I will order the book at once :)
    I am so ecxited and will let you know how it went!!
    Luv, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look amazing! I'm 52kg now (I was 75kg when i was 9 mths pregnant Nov 2009) and after the birth, i was still 72kg! I only lost 2kg a month by limiting sugar & eating my meals slower and not too late at night. I still feel I'm not the right weight though but you look perfect. What is your height if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Davina -congrats on ur weight loss!! I am 5''4 and a half!! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your weight loss! I'm not overweight either for my height (5"1) but I really want to feel more comfortable in shorts and tighter clothing. Your comments on Paul McKenna's theory on eating are really true and I'm going to try out the exercise videos you mentioned :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. heey Roshni,

    That's very good off u!! U did a really good job. And yes u look great! Ur face has changed too (in a good way!!)

    Greetz from Holland!!
    keep up the good work!

    Byeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you feel happier now babe :) I've heard so much about Paul Mckenna. I might give it a try too! x x x

    ReplyDelete
  26. you look soo much happier in the photos after your weight loss! congratulations :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a beautiful, honest and inspirational piece! Well done on the weight loss, you look so pretty in the green outfit :) x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Roshni!! you look amazing!!! I just read this again and its inspired me to get this book and to actually motivate myself to loose some weight!!
    thank you soo much x

    ReplyDelete
  29. @Samantha- Good luck xx
    @Vedika - aww thank you xx
    @Alisha - awesome! Let me know how it goes!
    @. - thank you xx
    @Parveen - aww thank you xx
    @Ruby - aww thank you xx you're so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi congrats on ur weight loss! - i wanted to ask you whats your daily exercise regime? thanks! xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)