Today I'm going to review a workout DVD by Suzanne Bowen (a personal trainer in America). Avid readers of my blog will know that I love workout DVDs, especially ones by Jillian Michaels. Workout DVD's are great to do at home (as long as there's space.. and privacy) and don't cost much compared to the gym!
This DVD has 5 exercise segments which are 10 minutes long!
The ''10 minute Solution Blast Off Belly Fat'' DVD has caught my eyes many a time during my frequent trip to Amazon. I thought it was just a gimmick until I read the reviews. I decided to purchase it because I wanted to lose my stomach for my 21st birthday party and because it was so cheap (under £5!).
''No time to exercise? We have the solution for you – the TEN MINUTE SOLUTION. Everyone can find at least ten minutes in their day and we’ve developed 5 dynamic workouts that are just ten minutes each. The workouts were specifically designed to attack your midsection from every angle for optimum results. These compact, ultra-efficient workouts fit into even the busiest of schedules. Split them into five separate workouts or do them all together for one amazing, belly-fat-blasting workout.''
I'm going to quickly summarise each workout.
- Flat Belly Fast - 'Get a flat belly that will turn heads. This core -focused segment zeros in on the deepest abdominal muscles with a singular goal: to flatten your belly fast. In my opinion, this segment is the hardest! If you ever buy this DVD do not start of with this segment. There are lots of plank moves (which I hate ) but I have to admi, it really works your abs.
- Pilates Perfect Abs - ''Pilates is famous for delivering a sexy midsection without traditional crunches or sit-ups. This programme delivers those Pilates Perfect Abs'' I haven't really used this segment as much as the others. It is pretty tough, but there's lots of breathing and I did feel really relaxed after this segment.
- Belly Fat Blaster- ''Toned, firm ab muscles can be hidden from view by a layer of fat. This standing segment will burn mega calories and bring you that much closer to revealing your chiseled ab muscles''This workout is the easiest! I find it easy because I love cardio-vascular exercises. I like how there's a mix of cardio and ab work. I don't find anything in this segment particularly difficult.
- Ab ripper- 'Instructor Suzanne Bowen picked her favourite, most effective exercises and put them together into this powerful, 10 minute, all-out attack on belly fat''. I love this segment. It is pretty tough- but do-able. My stomach tends to look a bit flatter the next day!
- Six Pack Abs- ''If you won't be satisfied until you have wash board abs, let's hit the floor and crunch it out with this jam packed workout that will leave you well on your way to 6 pack abs' This is the second hardest segment in the DVD. At times I felt like giving it! It really works your abs out.
Method: I try to use this as a supplement to other workout DVD's. Remember, you can't lose the belly fat without cardio first! I love this with Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism by Jillian Micaels - which is a cardio workout.
Has it made a difference to your body? -Yes. I have noticed a bit more definition in my abs. My stomach is my major problem area! I try to use this 3 times a week.. ideally I would love to do it everyday but I'm so lazy at times :(
What is the trainer like? I love Suzanne Bowen (she even replied to me on Twitter :O )! She's really sweet and motivating- plus she is super gorgeous. Her abs are perfect and she's not too muscular! I love Jillian Michaels too but this trainer is a lot sweeter!
Advantages: You can customise the workout! I've done two workouts in a row together, but I could not muster anymore. Plus the DVD is under a fiver! I love the fact that each workout is 10 minutes long, perfect for those who have no time!
Disadvantages- you can't rely on this DVD to lose the belly fat. You need to incorporate some cardio and weight training too. However, it has definitely helped with toning my body.
Is it good for beginners? I would say no. I've done 30 day shred workouts (some of which are pretty tough) and I couldn't do a lot of the moves. This workout does get easier but I would recommend it to those who have a moderate level of fitness. Start at segment 2 or 3.. but defininely not 1 or 6!
Hope you enjoyed the review :)
Have you tried any of the 10 minute Solutions workout DVDs?
*Not affiliated with Suzanne Bowen, Amazon or 10 minutes solutions. This review is my honest opinion - as always :) ''