Sunday 7 September 2014

Green monster - revisited again!

I love making smoothies and juices. They taste delicious, are quick to make and they are full of nutrients. 
 
One of my favourites is the green monster smoothie which I have blogged about twice (here and here). The green monster smoothie is very nourishing and filling.

 To make my favourite smoothie you will need:

1) Frozen bananas - these tastes so much better than normal bananas in a smoothie. It is also better to add frozen bananas as adding ice to the smoothie can make it watery. I like to prepare the smoothies by cutting three to four bananas and freezing them on a Sunday - that way I am good to go for the rest of the week


2) 1 cup of milk. I prefer using almond or coconut milk as I am lactose intolerant
 

3) I cup of kale or spinach.  I prefer kale because it lasts longer than spinach. Don't worry if you do not like the taste of kale or spinach as you will not be able to taste it.


4) You can add extras too. I love adding a quarter of a cup of oats, a tablespoon of almond butter and a teaspoon of honey (I replace normal honey with manuka honey if I am feeling unwell). Other extra that you could add: coconut oil, chia seeds, flax seeds and bee pollen. If you do not like the taste of bananas, you can add vanilla extract to mask the taste.


5) Blend all of the ingredients. I tend to blend it for about 40 seconds in the Vitamix : 


 6) And Voila, you should have enough to pour in two glasses.


What is your favourite smoothie?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)