For twenty three years I have been having the same breakfast every single day - a cup of Indian tea and toast with margarine. By 9.30 in the morning I am normally starving and end up snacking on a cereal bar. I decided I had enough and I wanted something that will keep me fuller for longer.
I was inspired by Gemsmaquillage, and decided to make something similar myself.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of porridge oats ( I am going to switch over to gluten free soon to help with digestion)
- Milk (I use unsweetened almond milk)
- Banana (preferably ripe)
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- Baobab powder
1) I start of by heating the oats and adding enough almond milk to cover the oats
2) I then mash a banana and add it into the porridge. The banana makes the porridge taste so much better!
3) I also like to add the almond butter, coconut oil and honey
4)The porridge only takes a few minutes to make! I like to add pumpkin seeds, blueberries and cinnamon and baobab powder to it :)
This only takes 5 minutes to make. The porridge keeps me full for hours (I have breakfast at 6.45am and I end up eating a snack at 11.30am - not bad!). Also, it's absolutely delicious and I look forward to a warming bowl of porridge every morning.
What do you eat for breakfast?