Sunday 4 March 2012

Lil Miss Energetic: Current workout regime!

When I ask people why they don't exercise, the first excuse I hear is 'I don't have enough time'. I always think 'So you have enough time to watch TV, go on Twitter, but not actually take the time to take care of your body?' Even though I am currently in the final year of my university , I still set aside a little bit of time to work out. I always feel so much: happier, healthier and so much more energetic after a workout! I don't feel that I am wasting my time - plus when I exercise, I feel that I am in much more control of my life.

Note - my workout routine changes often - because I like to challenge my body. I try to workout between 3-4 times a week.


Here is my current routine:

I love Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 - which is a step up from 30 day shred. There are four levels - I am currently on level 2. I will be doing a thorough review once I have completed all four levels. The great thing about this DVD is that it is only 20 minutes long! I have no excuse - sometimes I get up half an hour early and do this workout! As I don't always have time for 1 hour workouts, this intense 20 minute workout hits the spot. I do this workout around 2-3 times a week.

The next workout is one of my favourites. It's the No More Trouble Zones workout, again by the lovely Jillian Michael's. It involves working on different trouble zones such as your abs, legs, triceps, shoulders and so on. It involves mainly strength based exercises, but also incorporates abs and cardio. I've noticed a massive difference in my figure since using this workout DVD - my thighs and bottom are way more toned - plus I feel stronger. I will be doing a full review on this! I only do this workout once a week. (Note - it is 50 minutes long).

The next workout I love doing is the Tracy Anderson mat workout. This workout involves exercises which work your accessory muscles (and are meant to change the shape of your body). I love doing this workout because it's very relaxing, especially compared to Jillian Michaels' DVDs. I only do this workout once a week, even though Tracy states that you should do it 5-6 times a week. This workout is one hour long, and you should ideally mix it up with some cardio. Here is my full review on the DVD.

Even if I do an intense work out, it does not give me the right to sit around all day. I love walking - I try to take the longest route and walk as much as I can. I always walk on escalator's and even get off a stop early to walk the extra five minutes. The more you move your body = the more calories you burn! If you seriously have no time to work out, then I highly recommend moving your body as much as possible :D 

This is my current workout routine, please note: it is subject to change....

What is your workout routine?

12 comments:

  1. Gym plan is going in action tomorrow but this sounds great for anyone who thinks they have no time. Btw I tried the level 3 of 30 day shred and it is INTENSE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man. I feel SO guilty right now. I don't even have an excuse not to work out, its not as though I have no time, I'm just SO lazy and lack the motivation, but then I complain about clothes not looking right! UGH. I need to get a grip and fix up, your absolutely right there is no excuse not to take of your body when you have time for twitter and facebook! And im also the kind of person to work out one day and think "right, well now i can just lounge around the whole day, i've earnt it" - such a bad attitude and mentality!
    Right, from tomorrow (Monday) I am DOING 30day shred. Im gonna tweet you later in the evening to make sure i've done it lol!!
    Such a great post Rosh, your exercise ones are my faves! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for making you feel guilty! Write on Twitter that you will workout, just before you workout (trust me, it helps!) xx Let me know how it goes xx

      Delete
  3. I loved reading this post! I must get the other 2 Jillian DVDs you mentioned i only have the 30 day shred. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those DVDs! Definitely make the most of 30 day shred (my body has got used to it xx

      Delete
  4. I purchased 3 workout dvd by Jillian Michaels and tried the Banish Fat Boost Metabolism one this morning: that was hard!!!!!!!!!!! I think my challenge this week will be to actually finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Roshni,

    I'm not a fan of Tracy but I adore Jillian so I may have to check out her DVDs soon!

    I go to the gym and I even started my own health & fitness blog here if you want to have a read :)

    Http://www.sugarcoateddumbbells.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How comes you're not a fan of Tracy? I have to admit, I do prefer Jillian!

      I will definitely check out your blog! xx

      Delete
  6. Roshni I have taken your advice and have been doing Jillian Michaels 4-5 times a week. I switch between level 1 and 2. Not even daring to go to level 3 but I guess something's better than nothing. I do feel it has changed my body shape in just two months! It is actually much more effective than Davina's DVD's. Going to look for the other two you mentioned now :)

    Shifa
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg well done! Sooo proud of you! Level 3 is SO hard - but the more you do it, the easier it gets :D Well done xx

      Delete

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)