Wednesday 7 March 2012

Lil Miss Glossy: Moroccanoil Treatment Review



I previously mentioned in this post that my hair is the bane of my life! It used to be frizzy, messy and out of control. I recently purchased 'Moroccanoil Treatment' after stalking it on BuyaPowa for weeks and I haven't looked back since.




The Low Down: 

 'Moroccanoil Treatment’s versatile, nourishing and residue-free formula can be used as a conditioning, styling and finishing tool. It blends perfectly with other products and even speeds up drying time. This treatment for hair completely transforms and repairs as its formula transports lost proteins for strength; fatty acids, omega-3 oils and vitamins for shine; and antioxidants for protection. It absorbs instantly to fill gaps in hair created by heat, styling and environmental damage.''

What are the ingredients?

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Aragan Oil), Linseed Extract (Linum Usitatissimum), Fragrance (Supplement), D&C Yellow 11, D&C Red 17, Coumarin, Benzyl Benzoate, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone 

 Unfortunately the product is not made from only pure Argan oil (which is a miracle oil from Morocco) so don't be fooled by that! Silicone's also seem to be present in the product (the first three chemicals) - which is probably why my hair looks so shiny.

  What are your impressions of the Moroccanoil hair treatment?

I have seen a massive difference in the condition of my hair. This products makes my hair look very shiny and healthy. It rained today - and the shine still remained on my hair, instead of reverting into a frizzy mess (like it usually does!)
 
How do you use it?
 

 I simply wash my hair, wrap my hair in a towel for about 10 minutes and then apply the treatment. I simply use one pump and pat it on my hair. I avoid the roots - and try to limit to only using one pump (the first time I used the product, I used two pumps, which made my hair look very greasy!).

   Where can you get it from?
 
You can purchase this product from Amazon, BuyaPowa (although you will have to be quick as it sells like hot cakes) as well as your local salon.

How much does it cost?

This was the reason why I was reluctant to purchase the product in the first place. £30 for a 100ml product seemed a bit too steep for me. Luckily I got £9 off by purchasing from BuyaPowa! I will definitely purchase this product again, but only if the results stay the same! (They say silicone damages your hair, so I'm not going to buy any backups just yet)

Advantages?
  • Makes hair look very healthy
  • Easy to apply
  • My hairdressers recommended it!
  • Easy to get hold off
  • Great packaging - love the pump. The product also comes with a lid (which is useful for travelling)
  • It is sold in different sizes - you can always purchases the smallest one to sample it! 
Disadvantages?
  • Expensive - but it will last me a long time (the hair dresser said it could last up to a year)
  • It's not really Moroccan oil - it's just silicones, a tiny amount of argan oil and some other chemicals
  • The bottle is made of glass - so it could possibly shatter
  • Product can make your hair look greasy! I do have to wash my hair more often now! 


Have you tried this product before? 

8 comments:

  1. I love MoroccanOil, the affect it's had on my hair is miraculous but I feel you on the greasiness and it being expensive.

    MoroccanOil works so well because of the silicones which re supposed to smooth down the cuticle and give the impression of healthy, smooth hair but in the long run it only damages your hair so Argan oil is a lot better; my hair loves Argan oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm going to use Argan oil before I wash my hair! I've generally started to eat better too (adding wheatgerm and flaxseed to my diet) which has helped too :D x

      Delete
  2. Oh I've been meaning to try this. I have the Argan oil shampoo and conditioner and I love it!

    dp
    x

    www.inanityandthegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore Moroccon oil but I use the Organix version... it's like 9.99 in the states and I wonder what the difference is! Great and informative review as usual =)

    hiraschaos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of that! There's loads of Argan oil hair products nowadays! Thank you x

      Delete
  4. Wowww I can't believe you purchased this for 1/3 of the price - that's amazing! This sounds like a great product. I'd definitely try it out next time this deal is on :)
    Ayesha xx
    http://ayeshadows.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how baaadlly I want this and for how long i've wanted it! I shouldve snapped it up on Buyapowa but im getting a bit put off by the silicones! I want something that's naturally amazing for my hair since it falls so much. I reckon I will try this at some point though. Great review!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your lovely comments, they make my day :)